Follow Us

Contact Us

  /  Contact Us

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

This page is built to assist you with the most commonly asked questions by our student. However if you are unable to find an answer to your query please contact us on 02 8599 9800 directly.

How Do I Enrol?

Enrolling with KII is easy. Simply click on the “Apply Now” button on our course page and follow the simple steps. If you need further assistance, please contact us on 02 8599 9800.

What does VET mean?

VET stands for Vocational Education and training. University degrees tend to focus more on theory, giving you a large knowledge base in your chosen field, VET courses teach you job-ready skills. Most VET courses will offer a work-placement component as part of your studies, where you get to go into the workforce and learn by doing.

Do I need to supply documents to get accepted in a course?

Yes in most cases you will need to provide evidence of your IELTS score, proof of age, highlest level of qualification achiecved (for eg. High school certificate or Diplomas), work experince etc. Please refer to the “entry requirements” section of the course for more information.

What is CERT? How do I undertake CERT?

It stands for “Course Entry Requirement Test”.
Agent or representative from KII shall conduct a CERT to assess the student’s existing skills and knowledge. In case there are no agents nearby the student, then Student Support Manager will make arrangements with standard testing centres local to the student, to conduct CERT and inform students about it. For more info contact

Is there any “prerequisite” for my course?

There is no prerequisite for Diploma of Business.

When would I receive my certificate?

Upon successfully completing all the unit/subject of the course you will be issued with a Nationally recognised certificate/final award.

What happens if I am unable to complete all units/subjects?

You will be issued with a “statement of attainment” which will include the units that you have successfully completed.

Can I study online?

International students are required to attend 20 hours per week for face to face tuition. We do have online support available through our Learning Management System during the entire duration of the course.

How do I pay for my course?

KII offers a range of payment options. You can select any given option that might suit you. KII accepts payment for fees using;

• Credit Card
• Electronic Funds Transfer (account details available on request).
• Cheque (made payable to KII).
• International Money Transfer – must include funds to pay for the receipt of the money transfer.

Please note that payment in cash is not accepted.

If you are a current student, then you can pay in person. For more information, please refer to our website

What do CoE and DHA mean?

Upon receiving the first instalment of your fees, we will issue Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). CoE is required to get the Visa approved.

DHA stands for Department of Home Affairs.

Where can I find more information about visas to travel to Australia?

Please visit

Can I expect a “pick up” service from Airport while I arrive in Sydney?

We can organise a pickup service for a fee of $100.00 – $200.00, depending on the distance travelled. Please contact for more info.

How do I get a student ID?

If it is your first ID we will take a picture of you at your orientation then please visit your campus reception to pick it up.

Can I photocopy or print?

We encourage all students to make digital copies as a part of our commitment to the environment. Photocopies will cost you 20 cents per page.

You will be allocated a monthly printing quota of 50 pages once you have exhausted your limit you will be charged 20 cents for page.

I want to check my last term’s results. Where can I check it?

Log in with your SID number and your password to our LMS ( If you have forgotten your password, then please contact student services.

What if I am unhappy with your services and want to lodge a complaint?

A complaint must be submitted in writing via a complaint form. Please visit our website to access our complaint form and policies. Complaints/appeals are resolved to a final outcome within 60 calendar days of the complaint/appeal being initially received.

What support will I get while studying?

When you enrol with us you will join the KII community of staff and students who will be eager to support your as needed. When you encounter issues during your issues you will need to contact the relevant support team.

Academic Support: if you are struggling with your assessments, need access to study resources, need guidance on how to prepare for the job, our trainers are here to help.

Student Support: Our friendly student support team will assist you with your enrolment and provide course information. They will also give you a hand finding your way around issues related to your studies during your stay with Kingsford.

I was graded as NYC (Not yet competent) as a final outcome. What should I do?

You will need to speak to your trainer to resolve the issue. You may have to complete the “Intervention Program” or repeat the subject. Contact your Dos or Operations manager for more information.

What should I do if I was sick and I couldn't come to class?

You must visit a doctor and get a medical certificate. Bring in your medical certificates and speak to your trainer to catch up with your missing lessons.

What should I do if I cannot upload my assessments online?

Email : or see student services in person.

I forgot my password to login to LMS. What should I do?

See Student Services or send an email to

I am going back to my home country. What do I have to do?

Go to Student Services to complete a Student leave of Variation form. You may be asked to provide supporting documents.


Contact Details

Kingsford International Institute (KII)

Level 6, 128-136 Chalmers St

Surry Hills NSW 2010

Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 5 pm (AEST)

General Enquiries within Australia

02 8599 9800

International Enquiries

+612 8599 9800